• Ensure that you include all these documents in your assignment:
1. Cover sheet
3. Works Cited sheet (references sheet)
• The reference sheet needs to contain at least two resources.
1) The textbook
2) An external resource (it can be a book or an academic/authentic website.)
• Ensure to site the source/s within the body of your assignment following APA style.(See http://library.humber.ca/APA-MLA)
What to include in your essay:
• Let’s say you choose a religious activist from a particular religious tradition. Here are some points that you can take into consideration:
o The challenges that the person had to overcome.
o Did s/he use religion as an empowering factor to improve the status of women in her/his society or give voice to the voiceless? How?
o Did s/he use religion to resist against patriarchal norms of her/his society? How?
o Did s/he question any specific gender based restriction which was/has been applied against women in the name of religion? If yes, what strategy/strategies did s/he use in order to make her/his point?
o What specific strategy/ies did s/he apply in order to improve the status of women? (For example, did s/he reread or reinterpret any religious teachings of her/his time? Did s/he refer to the male founder of the religion as a role model? Did s/he reclaim any early female figures? Did s/he use the concept of human rights in the constitution of her/his respective country? …) If yes, how?
o What did s/he achieve (her/his achievements)?