When completing your CSA, you are to organize your responses as the questions/prompts are laid out below.
Scenario: You are a BSW social worker at community mental health agency in an urban community that is near a military base. Your city government is awarding money to organizations to improve delivery of trauma-informed care. Your agency is interested in applying for these funds, but first the agency must understand the trauma history of its client-population and in what ways it relates to the clients’ mental health. Your organization is hoping to use this information to inform their grant application for this money. You have agreed to serve on the committee that is responsible for designing and implementing the research study that is needed to understand these important components of the client population, and the committee has determined that a survey will be used to collect the data. Your organization’s CEO has provided money for the committee to complete the needed research activities, but funds are very limited and the CEO has asked that the committee make cost-efficient decisions. With this scenario in mind, please respond to the following questions:
1) As a social worker in the agency, discuss how you could use your practice experiences and knowledge regarding social work theories and practice frameworks to specifically inform the research study for this case scenario. In addition to discussing the use of both of these elements broadly, you must cite at least one social work theory or practice framework (draw on your knowledge from other courses) and specifically describe how it is relevant to this case scenario.(1-2 paragraphs)
2) Using criteria discussed during this course, write at least one “good” quantitative research question that could guide your inquiry and identify the independent and dependent variables.
3) As part of your study design process, you conducted a literature review to learn more about different ways that trauma may be related to mental health. You came across the following article:
Goldstein, L. A., Dinh, J., Donalson, R., Hebenstreit, C. L., & Maguen, S. (2017). Impact of military trauma exposures on posttraumatic stress and depression in female veterans. Psychiatry Research, 249, 281-285.
Identify and describe the following quantitative research terminology/concepts for this provided article: 1) Design of the study; 2) hypothesis, research question, or purpose statement; 3) methods (sampling details, measurement details, and data collection procedures); 4) main findings; 5) implications. (3-4 paragraphs) This must be written in your own words. Do not cut and paste from the article or use direct quotes from the article. Paraphrase instead.
4) Provide details for the plan for your study design that uses a survey to examine the trauma history of your agency’s client-population and the ways it relates to the clients’ mental health. Please answer the following questions in detail and use your textbook and other academic sources to support your answers.
A) What sampling method(s) will you use and why? (1 paragraph)
B) How will you measure your independent and dependent variables? You must provide the survey questions you will use and the possible response options for each of the questions. You must have at least one question with response options for each variable included in your study.
C) What procedures do you plan to use to collect the data? Specifically, how will the survey be administered, when/how many times, and why have you made these decisions? Consider what you have learned about the possible survey administration methods, and the specifics provided in the case scenario.(2 paragraphs)
5) As researchers it is important that we approach our research with a critical eye. Given the design choices you have made, what limitations with reliability, validity, and generalizability might you encounter in doing this quantitative examination? (2-3 paragraphs) Be specific and use quantitative research terminology/concepts from your textbook.
6) While your organization has communicated that this information would be useful for the agency, what implications could the findings have on your practice and the broader social work field? Discuss some possible implications this research could have for social work practice in terms of advocacy, case management, and brokering. (2 paragraphs). Be specific.
7) Imagine that your organization has received the funding, and based on the findings from your study has implemented an intervention that aims to provide mental health treatment that accounts for the high prevalence of trauma experienced by your clients. You now want to complete an outcome evaluation to evaluate the intervention using mixed methods.
A) Discuss the value of obtaining both quantitative and qualitative data regarding intervention outcomes. (1 paragraph)
B) Identify the mixed methods design you would use for your outcome evaluation and describe the quantitative and qualitative components of your evaluation, (2-3 paragraphs). Be specific and use terminology/concepts from your textbook.
C) Discuss the design decisions that you would consider or make when designing/conducting the outcome evaluation, including your specific mixed method design decision and any specific outcome evaluation design decisions. (2-3 paragraphs). Be specific and use evaluation terminology/concepts from your textbook.http://nursingmodules.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-300x60.png 0 0 prince http://nursingmodules.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-300x60.png prince2021-01-31 07:23:442021-01-31 07:23:44When completing your CSA, you are to organize your responses as the questions/prompts are laid…