Use the following articles, located under your weekly resources to answer the following questions. Be sure to use information from the readings to support your answers to these questions.
FOR THE QUANTITATIVE STUDY
Zwahr-Castro, J., & Dicke-Bohmann, A. K. (2014). Who can be friends? Characteristics of those who remain friends after dissolution of a romantic relationship. Individual Differences Research, 12(4-A), 142-152.
- One research hypothesis (many articles have more than one; pick the one that is the focus, or is of most interest to you). Given the research hypothesis, what is the null hypothesis? Remember, depending on the article you are reading, the hypothesis may be implied.
- In the context of this research study and the research hypothesis you stated in #1, assess Type I and Type II errors. What does it mean to commit each type of error for this research hypothesis? In the context of this study, is one error more “serious” or “harmful” than the other?
- What is the probability of making a Type I error? How did you determine this?
- Did the author conduct a power analysis to determine optimal sample size? If so, what is the target? If not, do you believe the study contained enough participants to drawn meaningful results? Why or why not?
- Do the results support or refute the stated research hypothesis Do you agree with the conclusions? Why or why not?
- Discuss (in your own words) this study’s limitations. Are there any that you can identify that are not mentioned?
FOR THE QUALITATIVE STUDY
Sailor, J. L. (2013). A phenomenological study of falling out of romantic love. The Qualitative Report, 18, 1-22.
- Identify the Research Question (if no question is stated, then determine what the authors are trying to answer based on the stated aims or goals of the study)
- Determine how did the authors arrived at the optimal sample size. If they did not discuss how they determined their sample size, what was the number of participants? Do you believe the study contained enough participants to drawn meaningful results? Why or why not?
- Discuss how the authors analyzed their data. In other words, how did the authors organize the data obtained from participants?
- Determine any answers to the results for the Research Question. Do you agree with the authors’ conclusions? Why or why not?
- Indicate if this study demonstrates credibility, transferability, dependability, and confirmability. Why or why not?
- Discuss (in your own words) the study’s limitations. Are there any limitations that you can identify that are not mentioned?
Length: 5-7 pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.http://nursingmodules.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-300x60.png 0 0 prince http://nursingmodules.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-300x60.png prince2021-01-31 06:52:172021-01-31 06:52:17Use the following articles, located under your weekly resources to answer the following…