I need help with a Health & Medical question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Heart disease is one of the leading causes of mortality, morbidity, and disability in the US. Cardiac diseases can be prevented by following healthy habit such as:
- Eating lots of foods high in saturated fat and trans fat may contribute to heart disease.
- Eating foods high in fiber and low in saturated fats, trans fat, and cholesterol can help prevent high cholesterol.
- People with overweight or obesity have a higher risk of heart disease. Carrying extra weight can put extra stress on the heart and blood vessels.
- Physical activity can help you maintain a healthy weight and lower your blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and blood sugar levels.
- If you do smoke, quitting will lower your risk of heart disease.