This is for editing, making more concise and formatting an already written draft of Rhetorical Essay for a University Freshman English class. Requirement are to use C.A.R.S. (Create A Research Space) model to (John Swales) to create the Rhetorical space.
1. Length: 1,500 – 1,650 words maximum length from 1,940 words written (attached).
2. MLA style – college Freshman – Sophmore level
3. Written in similar narrative style of the original writer.
4. Three references with footnote citations (two already included) – add one more preferably from publication on rhetoric and / or learning Rhetoric or rhetoric related to art therapy.
5. Sections: Intro, Thesis statement, Summary of what will be presented, Then Summary to Analysis, Three primary body paragraph(s) with arguments, Conclusion (no new info in conclusion only refer to what has been discussed).
– grammatically correct
– concise, clear and coherent
– written in present tense
– respond to the analyzed text
7. Involve rhetorical stages:
– Three appeals (ethos – ethics, logos – logic, & pathos – emotions)
– Writing style (voice, tone, language, dialect, imagery, and more)
8. Define position about the theme – thesis which is “rhetoric can and should be taught in a better, holistic way that embraces the student’s imagination and creative process and not simply as a ‘formula’ or ‘prescription’.