Part 1 (400 points total)
Please read the attached journal article carefully. Using your own language, please answer the following questions.
1. Motivation: What is the research question and why is the research question important/interesting? (50 points)
2. Methodology: What is the empirical strategy/research design? (50 points)
3. Describe the key findings. (50 points)
4. Discuss the key findings. Why are they interesting, or maybe not so interesting? What are the limitations? (50 points)
5. Relate the key findings to material covered in class. (200 points)
Part 2 (600 points total)
Please read the attached case about The Lumen and Absorb Teams at Crutchfield Chemical Engineering carefully. Please answer the following questions.
1. Using the literature discussed in class and the case text, please describe the job design of the team members (100 points).
2. Using the literature discussed in class and the case text, please discuss what might be affecting the motivation and creativity in the two teams. Which three behavioral mechanisms discussed in class do you think are particularly relevant? Why? (200 points)
3. Using the literature discussed in class and the case text, please discuss how the behavioral mechanisms discussed above (in question 2) are playing out within the two teams. (100 points)
4. Using the literature discussed in class and the case text, please provide Burge with recommendations for how to improve the situation in the Absorb Team (200 points)