Position Statement, in light of children’s right oriented theories,on BASELINE ASSESSMENT POLICY.
The assignment is in 1st person.
* To demonstrate a critical understanding of political, environmental and cultural influences on child development in different national and international context.
* To demonstrate sound academic skills in formative and summative assessment
*To develop own value statement and ethos on advocacy.
Structure of Essay
* Position the problem within children’s right discourse (Importance of the issue and it impact on children’s right, use 2/3 THEORIES based ARGUMENT on the issue)
* Proposal of alternatives in light of children’s right approach/theories (Possible alternatives or recommendations and RATIONALE for recommendations)
Core Books for References
* THE SOCIOLOGY OF CHILDREN, CHILDHOOD and GENERATION (by Madeleine Leonard). And other theories and references