I don’t know how to handle this Political Science question and need guidance.
Which Political Ideology Works Best?
[WLOs: 4, 5] [CLO: 3]
Purpose: The primary goal of this last weekly summative assignment is to explore an important concept in political science: political ideologies. In this final week, you will examine some of the most prominent and influential political ideologies of today, to include realism, liberalism, tribalism or nationalism, and Marxism. Each of these ideologies is currently impacting people domestically and internationally. This assignment will allow you to explore the political ideologies and investigate their main arguments, impacts, and veracity.
Prepare: Read the following articles: Realist World: The Players Change, but the Game Remains, Liberal World: The Resilient Order, Tribal World: Group Identity Is All, and Marxist World: What Did You Expect From Capitalism?
Reflect: Political ideology has an enormous impact on our world at every level of politics: local, state, national, and international. How political ideology manifests itself provides insight into the social, technological, environmental, and economic institutions, political structures, and actors of every political entity. The ability to evaluate how political ideology impacts politics is an essential skill that all political scientists must have to become a professional in their field of study.
Write: In your essay of at least three pages, address the following:
- Describe the central political ideology discussed in each article (1 page).
- Identify one national and one international policy affected by one of the political ideologies discussed (1 page).
- Assess which political ideology discussed is the most accurate in describing today’s world (1 page).
The Which Political Ideology Works Best? paper
- Must be at least three pages (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford University Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three appropriate sources in addition to the assigned articles.
- Be sure to integrate the information from your sources rather than simply inserting it. Watch the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial for assistance.
- The course text can count as one of your three sources.
- You can also include additional resources found on the Ashford University Library website. The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types.
- Must document all sources in APA Style as outlined in Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.).
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must include a conclusion that summarizes the main points and restates the thesis.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource for specifications.