Please respond to either Question 1 or 2 with an initial post of at least 150 words, using the textbook and links to sources provided below.
- Read the textbook, chapter 27 (pp. 906-913) concerning Beethoven and his era.
- Listen to Beethoven’sMoonlight Sonata,1stmovement (5 ½ min.)
Beethoven’sMoonlight Sonata, 1stmovement.(listen until 5:25 min.)
- Then listen to the first few minutes of his 3rd and 5thsymphonies.
- Finally, listen to this Flash Mob selection from his9thSymphony.
Beethoven’s9thSymphony, 4thmovement(Ode to Joy, Flash Mob)(5 ½ min.):
- What is your response to this music? Which of these Beethoven selections is your favorite, and why?
After reading chapter 28, pages 921-946 in the textbook, select one example of a literary work or a work of visual art from the 1800s from the attached pdf document. These are responding or portraying life during the Industrial Revolution. Identify the work and the artist or writer, and describe your response. From the textbook reading and your view of the art and literature, how would you have liked to live during these times? What would have been some of your challenges?