You will use the research and best practices information gained through your Health Communication Plan and 4-page Essay and Fact Sheet development to persuade your target audience(s) on the need for and benefits of your Implementation Plan Goal and Objective(s) and why they should be supported, adopted, and implemented in your school community.
Assignment 5 Overview
• Review the information on Best Practices in Persuasive Arguments and the related resources.
• Use the valid and reliable research on what works and the need data on the health area you gathered while developing your Health Implementation Plan, Health Communication Plan, 4-page Health Essay, and 1-page Fact Sheet to create a Persuasive Argument to influence your target audience(s) to support, adopt and implement your Implementation Plan. Cite your data and research APA style.
• Place the target audience(s) at the top of the Persuasive Argument.
• Be sure that your Persuasive Argument is strength-based, culturally competent, respectful and inclusive of your audience(s) and school community.
• Self-assess your Persuasive Argument using the Grading Rubric Criteria in this assignment and make any needed enhancements.
• Make any needed changes to your Implementation Plan or Communication Plan to align and update with your Persuasive Argument. If needed, update the portion of the Communication Plan on the Persuasive Argument. You do not need to submit your Plans again at this time.
Purdue Online Writing Lab, Argumentative Essays, https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/685/05/
Study Guides and Strategies, Persuasive or Argumentative Essays http://www.studygs.net/wrtstr4.htm
Elements of Persuasive/Argument Papers, Valencia College https://valenciacollege.edu/wp/cssc/documents/elementsofpersuasive.pdf