1. Evaluate ethical and value-based frameworks that guide policy making.
2. Incorporate ethical principles and standards to improve health outcomes.
3. Apply ethical analysis and clinical reasoning to assess intervene and evaluate advanced nursing care delivery.
Health Law & Medical Ethics for Healthcare Professionals. Author James F. Allen Jr Chapters 8-9
2. Medical Law and Ethics 5th Edition author Bonnie F. Fremgen. Pages 9-23; Chapters 11
3. Berman institute of Bioethics. https://www.bioethicsinstitute.org/
4. Garrett et. al. (1993). Section 5: Principles of Biomedical Ethics in Health Care Ethics 2nd ed. Prentice Hall. Access https://www.utcomchatt.org/docs/biomedethics.pdf
5. The Hasting Center. https://www.thehastingscenter.org/
6. The Montefiore Einstein Center for Bioethics. https://www.montefiore.org/montefiore-einstein-center-for-bioethics
7. Oncology Nursing Society. (2013 Dec 3). How does Bioethics affect your nursing practice? Connect Online Magazine. Access https://connect.ons.org/issue/another-perspective/how-does-bioethics-affect-your-nursing-practice
*Provide background of the case and source where the case was located(textbook website)
*Define the dilemma (What is the question)
* Identify all ethical principles influencing the dilemma
*Identify guiding ethical principles
*Identify loyalties (Is there anything that might interfere in the discussion or decision?)
*Decision( and discussion that led to it)
**RUBRIC FOR BIOETHICS CASE STUDY**
Provides background of the case and source where the case was located (textbook website)
Detailed source description
Define the dilemma(What is the question). Detailed description of dilemma
Identifies all ethical principles influencing the dilemma: Principles identified
Identifies guiding ethical principles: Guiding principle identified
Identifies loyalities (Is there anything that might interfere in the discussion or decision?) Loyalities identified
Final Decision & Process (discussion that led to it) Discussion of decision making process clear and detailed