“What destroyed the Concert of Europe? Analyse and evaluate.”
– Write between 1500-1700 words.
– Focus on creating and supporting an argument more than listing facts.
– Ensure there is a coherent, over-arching argument for the entire essay.
– Define the Concert of Europe, it’s role, when it failed to carry out it’s role and therefore it’s destruction.
– Ensure that the causes are effectively analysed and evaluated in relation to one another in order to conclude which events are the most important.
Use at least 3 out of the 4 listed sources to support the argument –
F.R. Bridge, R. Bullen, The Great Powers and the European States System, 1815-1914 (Chapter 1 only)
Muriel Chamberlain, Pax Britannica? British Foreign Policy 1789-1914 (Introduction only)
Roger Price, Napoleon III and the Second Empire (Relevant parts)
Norman Rich, Great Power Diplomacy 1814-1914 (Chapter 7)
You can use any additional sources.