Can you help me understand this Biology question?
Antibiotic Resistance and Superbugs
A recent study has shown that only 13% of outpatient antibiotic resistance is necessary.
B. Study the article and related commentary
- Antibiotic resistance – a public health crisis by Dr. V Fraiser, (20 min, TEDx, 2015)
- Article: Appropriateness of outpatient antibiotic prescribing among privately insured US patients: ICD-10-CM based cross sectional study (Links to an external site.)
- Commentary: Only 13 percent of outpatient antibiotic prescriptions considered appropriate
C. Post a paragraph discussing one of the following questions (5 pts):
- What is antibiotic resistance and why is it so important?
- How do antibiotic resistance spread?
- Can we stop antibiotic resistance? Why and how?
D. Then, read your class-mates posts and reply to at least two of your classmates. Your comments should be meaningful (not simply “Yeah, me too” or “I agree”). (2.5 pts for each full meaningful response). Make sure you include following in your reply:
- start by greeting the class-mate by name
- contribute to one or two of his/her discussion point with your view
- Pose any related questions you might have
- your name
D. Answer any questions you might get from class-mates