Provide rationale (reasoning) for appropriate nursing and interprofessional and inter-agency interventions.
• Discuss and evaluate ways to enable the patient in the scenario,
1. Prevent complications associated with COPD
2. Prevent unplanned hospital admissions due to a crisis
3. Facilitate palliative treatment
• Describe relevant medicines used; their effects and risks and discuss appropriate medicines management.
• Examine the psychosocial impact and practical implications of the disease on the person, relationships, work and future.
• Support and reference your work with peer reviewed and evidence based literature. Examine practice guidance and national frameworks that promote best practice.
• Demonstrate your understanding of the legal, ethical, political and economic context of care in the local community for people with the long term condition.
• Finally, provide a conclusion that shows what you have learned through your study of the care management of the patient in the scenario. (Avoid the use of the first person ‘