Describe how a local, county or state public health department organizes itself according to the incident management system so that it may deliver effective services during disaster operations.
. These two courses are: Public Health Implications of Disater (core requirement) & Homeland Security (elective course).
Please remember that I will upload both the syllabus (which I’ve sent you before) and the organizer of this course to used them as a reference regarding what you should do and the materials that will be covered until then TO USE THE COURSE MATERIALS IN THE PRESENTATION NOT FROM YOU GENERAL SEARCH!
This order is to do 25-slide presentation for the course of Public Health Implications of Disasters ACCORDING TO THE GUIDELINES OF PRESENTATION of how to do it from the professor, which can be found in the third file called, Guidelines of Presentation. Please remember that remember that any slides without these guidelines means nothing according to the professor.
This presentation is due in week 3 (the week of presentation) and the content of this week taken from the organizer is, please see the organizer:
Incident Management System for Public Health Emergencies
1. Describe how a local, county or state public health department organizes itself according to the incident management system so that it may deliver effective services during disaster operations.
2. Summarize the Health and Medical Incident Management System.
3. Explain what is meant by the term “functional incident management system” and how this differs from a traditional ICS structure.
The required Texts for this course are, see the syllabus:
1. Ciottone, Gregory – Disaster Medicine, (2015) ISBN – available on line through library.
2. Landesman, Linda – Public Health Management of Disasters – The Practice Guide, 3rd Edition (2012) ISBN #0-87553-004-4
3. Wisner, B and Adams, J. – Environmental Health in Emergencies and Disasters – A Practical Guide, (2003) World Health Organization ISBN #9789241545419
4. Koenig and Schultz—Disaster Medicine: Comprehensive Principles and Practice, (2011) Cambridge University Press
And the required reading assignments for week 3, the week of presentation, are:
1. Landesman chapters 3 and 5
2. Selected journal readings
3. Public Health ICS document
*PLEASE MAKE THE PRESENTATION HAS A RELATIONSHIP TO THE MATERIALS COVERED UNTIL NOW IN THIS COURSE, ESPECIALLY WEEK 3 MATERIALS (VERY IMPORTANT).
NOTE: This order is to do 25-slide presentation but I put it as a 1-page order but after you finish this important 25-slide presentation we can together coordinate everything with the support team but please work now according to a 25-slide presentation order and we will be together to the end. Slide 26th will be for references.