Create a separate page with the title of your paper, your name, email address, the course (Hist. 011), the semester and year (Fall 2018), the instructor’s name, and the date.
1. Introduction- Topic -This subsection states your topic, or describes your narrowed subject area.
2. Rationale- Please explain why you wanted to do this research in this subsection.
3. Statement of Purpose -In this section, please present the questions your paper will answer, and an overview of the organization of the paper.
4. Basic Description -Describe your topic in some detail. Your report should include references to facts you learned in your research.
Important. You must cite a source for every major fact or statement in this section. This section should not contain your personal opinions about these facts or statements; those will come later in the paper.
5. Discussion -In this section, apply the insights you learned from the class to the topic of this paper. Give your opinions, and support them with facts. Remember, your opinion may not be “right” or “wrong”, but it certainly will be “justified” or “unjustified”! Please use your best judgement about what to include; you won’t be able to include everything.
5. Factual review – This section should add your opinions re Sec. 4.
6. Conclusions – On the basis of your research, you should summarize what you learned, and in particular explain what you want the reader to learn from your paper.
6. References – This section contains all your references: journal articles, books, Internet resources, interviews, videos, films, et al. The reader should be able to locate all quotations and other references, right down to the correct page.