I’m working on a Social Science question and need guidance to help me study.
Put your ideas into an organized analysis. Your paper should be argumentative. It’s about how society is affected and how the members of society react to the social forces of culture, institutions and structure. You are not allowed to use any other sources, except the survey results from the College Student Sexual Health survey, definition of sexual health and theory. Absolutely no sources outside of what is included within the entirety of this page. Failure to follow this instruction will lead to failure.
Sexual Health can be defined as: Sexual health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality. It requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence.
Citation: World Health Organization, http://www.who.int/topics/sexual_health/en/
This is an Essay, I have given you a topic, discuss it in your own words!
1) What is the societal assumption when it comes to young people (College Students) and sexual health? Basically you are to tell if you believe College students (using ECC students as a model) are sexually healthy or not. Use the information you have been given in the links above (survey results and definition of Sexual Health) to formulate your ideas.
2) Provide opposing viewpoints; how do those who oppose your point of view see the issue?
3) apply at least one Sociological Perspective to support your argument (Conflict Theory, Structural Functionalist Theory, or Symbolic Interaction Theory.) Choose one of the defined theories below; State the theory, Define it (using the definition below) and then apply it. Meaning, tell why it is applicable to your perspective. Basically, you should Illustrate- to give examples in order to make (something) easier to understand. (This means to restate the theory in your own words- how it’s applicable to your perspective.) Also, this is one of two direct quotes you can use. You are to use what is given to formulate your own ideas/thoughts.
Structural Functional Approach: sees society as a complex system whose parts work together to promote solidarity and stability.
Social-Conflict Approach: sees society as an arena of inequality that generates conflict and change.
Symbolic Interaction Approach: sees society as the product of the everyday interactions of individuals.
Feminism Approach: the study of society that focuses on inequality and conflict between women and men.
Citation for Theories:
Macionis, J. (2013). Society, The Basics. Upper saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education
4) Please cut and paste 1 bar graph AND both pie charts directly into your essay. (Attachment link above.)
Write a minimum 200-word interpretation of a visual artifact (pie Charts and bar graph) related to paper content (charts/graphs are in link above.) Use the charts and graph within the link that best helps to support your argument/perspective. When discussing data: State when you are analyzing pie chart & bar graph , describe the color, do the colors represent certain data. Meaning, tell me what the pie charts/graph are telling you. What are the numbers telling you? (Discuss all the numbers/percentages within pie charts and bar graph I will take off 10 points if you do not discuss every set of numbers in pie charts & bar graph!) How do the percentages in the chart/graph support your argument? What are the implications- (What conclusions can be drawn from these statistics/percentages?)
Start with this sentence or state within paragraph: According to the El Centro College Sociology 1301 student survey conducted in class and used for the teaching and educational purposes of Research methodology, Data Collection and analysis-
5) Talk about how the issue of Sexual Health affects/or is affected by or through culture. Also talk about civic engagement within your community (your neighborhood or campus.)
Has Sexual Health been influenced throughout U.S. culture? How has it been influenced or reinforced- television, media, etc.? Speak about civic (of or relating to being a citizen, or part of a community) responsibility as it pertains to Sexual Health. Or, talk about your civic engagement-participation in an activity- such as attending a free STD/I testing at ECC, or possibly voting in regards to women’s sexual health, or attending a rally/protest.
6) This should be your conclusion!
Last page- CITATIONS
Don’t forget to cite your source- there is a link to APA format under “my college resources”(the theory citations have been given to you. Chart/Graph- should be in-text: According to the El Centro College Sociology 1301 student survey conducted in class and used for the teaching and educational purposes of Research methodology, Data Collection and analysis- You don’t need an abstract for the essay.
Length: 1000 words typed, Saved as a Microsoft WORD document. Save file as your name, not Sexual Health! APA format- link under “more course information.” I will not accept any papers not in a Microsoft Word file.