Second Essay Assignment: Comparative Analysis
First Draft Due: 10/16/18
Final Draft Due: 10/23/18
EXTENDED ESSAY #2
Assignment: Write an extended 3-4 page comparative analysis comparing traditional news media outlets (such as TV news channels, news publications, etc.) vs. obtaining news from social media outlets such as Facebook and Instagram. Your comparative analysis should discuss the characteristics of each mode of communicating news, touch on any similarities or differences, and have a focal argument that frames the paper. Namely, what is your stance on obtaining news from either source?
Your paper must contain:
• A clear thesis statement which identifies your stance on obtaining news from one source or the other.
• Specific descriptions of the characteristics and pros and cons of the two types of sources, what similarities they share, or how they are different, and how the comparison relates to your position.
• Academic Essay structure: please adhere to 5 paragraph structure.
• MLA formatting (especially for citations)
• Reference to the article located here: