This assignment will offer an opportunity to review and analyze three websites that provide health information and/or education. It is meant to help you understand some of the factors involved in seeking health care, and recognize the value of being an aware consumer. 1. Go online to look for websites that provide health information or education appropriate for college students. Decide which three sites you will review.
2. Analyze the websites using the questions listed below. 3. Write a 3-page paper elaborating your answers and identify which of the sites you would recommend to students in this class and why.
The following are questions for you to answer in assessing the value of each of the three websites:
1. Who sponsors the site, and what is their mission? (Look in “About Us” which most sites have.)
2. Content: Is it reputable, accurate, current, and interesting?
3. What are the political views, if any, of the sponsoring organization? Does the sponsoring organization advocate for any policy?
4. To what extent does the website distinguish between facts and opinions? (Do the articles identify studies or research that provide evidence?)
5. To what extent is the website age/experience-appropriate for its intended or stated audience?
6. To what extent does the website include adequate information to insure visitors’ understanding of the topic? 7. Design: Is the website clear, easy to use/navigate?
8. Would you recommend this site to students in this class? Why or why not?