Analysis of the three theories of morality Application Morality and Social Responsibility
Philosophical perspectives and theories on morality contribute to an understanding of the deep-rooted human need to question the role human beings play in society. Whether your views align with those of Aristotle, Kant, or Mill, you can explore the reasons behind your inherent motivation to act responsibly. At the outset of your life, you develop habits of thought based on what you are exposed to, where you live, whom you live with, and your experiences. In this Application Assignment, you critically examine these experiences as well as theoretical perspectives on morality and assess how they impact your moral and cultural identity. You also assess how these experiences influence your concept of social responsibility.
To prepare for this Assignment:
· Review the “Classical Theories of Morality” as described in Chapter 3 of the Arthur & Scalet (n.d.) course text and summarize key points of each theory. Does one theory resonate with you more than another?
· Make connections to your own culture. Contemplate whether these three theories are reflected in your own culture.
· Review the Cultural Genogram: Dimensions of Culture document in this week’s Resources. Consider the ways different dimensions of culture inform your moral identity (e.g., how your national, ethnic, and/or gender identity informs your moral identity).
· Consider your response to this week’s Discussion.
· Think about how different dimensions of culture inform your concept of social responsibility.
Write a 2-page analysis connecting the three “Classical Theories of Morality” to your own cultural identity. Explain how the theories align or do not align with your cultural identity. Include how cultural identity impacts social responsibility. Provide three references using proper APA citation.
Wilson, A. (Ed.). (1991).The golden rule. InWorld scripture: A comparative anthology of sacred texts(pp.114Cultural Genogram: Dimensions of Culture (Word document)–115).St. Paul, MN: Paragon House.http://nursingmodules.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-300x60.png 0 0 prince http://nursingmodules.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo-300x60.png prince2021-01-31 07:18:332021-01-31 07:18:33Analysis of the three theories of morality Application Morality and Social Responsibility… 1