Help me study for my English class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
The Art of Persuasion Continued
Welcome to this week’s Task!
Read chapter 6 of Three Modules on Clear Writing Style: An Introduction to the Craft of an Argument http://cnx.org/contents/K7sPEHSM@1.2:07lgJXIX@1/Writing-Module-Three-Five-Esse
In the above reading, the five essential parts of an argument were discussed.
- Claims – what are you claiming?
- Reasons – what reasons do you have for believing your claim?
- Evidence – what evidence do you base those reasons on?
- Warrants – what principle connects or makes your reasons relevant to your claims?
- Acknowledgement and Response – What about such-and-such potential disagreement or difficulty.
Choose one of the strengthened thesis statements you created last week to expand into a 300-500 word essay. APA formatted sources are required on a References page at the end of the paper.
Be sure your argument answers all five of the above questions.
Submit the assignment to Moodle.